Thursday, August 05, 2004
ok, super sad post
this is the end of my blog here. no one ever reads it anymore. so i'm just going to have my live journal. which is http://www.livejournal.com/users/xstarburnx/
i'm so going to miss this blog, it's pretty and nice, and i love the layout. but it's also totally pointless when i write this to have people read it. after all, i have my own journal elsewhere. so, farewell beloved blog, i loved you very much. if you are at all interested in what's going on, i'll probably keep up my livejournal till i decide i've had enough of this silliness.
Posted at 10:24 pm by starburn
Monday, August 02, 2004
got boys all over the road got boys helpin me unload
Full name: Davin(a) Lee Schnappauf
* Eyes: very blue
* Hair: reddish brown
* Height: 5' (i'm a short one)
* Shoe Size: 5 1/2, six is too big, five too small
* Have tattoos?: yep, on the small of my back
* Have piercings?: just the ears, the idea of metal going through my body creeps me out
* Have a BF/GF?: mmmm, not at the moment
* Own a webcam?: ummm, defintally not
* Own a thong? : a couple
* Wear perfume/cologne? elizabeth arden beauty
HAVE YOU EVER...
* Flown on a plane: a ton, my dad used to work for an airline
* Ever been so drunk you blacked out: no, i don't suppose so
* Missed school because it was raining: only in boston due to the person deep puddles
* Told a guy/girl that you liked them?: of course, if you feel it there's no point in hiding it
* Put a body part on fire for amusement: things yes, body... no
* Had a crush on a friends girlfriend/boyfriend: sure, but those were weird sorts of not going to act on them crushes
* Been hurt emotionally: only robots are never hurt
* Had an imaginary friend: do friends that are far away that you pretend are near count? if so, sarah would be mine, if not, when i was little my sister and i would pretend to have imaginary pets
* Ever thought an animated character was hot?: uh, yeah, trent from daria, multiple anime guys, as tegan pointed out, dimitri from anastasia, the list totally goes on
* Been on stage: when i was little, i'd love to do something on stage again though
* Cut your hair: HA
* Had crush on a teacher?: there were a couple of hot student teachers... yes, they were good to look at
* Fav Color: green
* Day/Night: night
* Summer/Winter:summer i suppose, if i could choose any season spring though
* Lace or Satin: lace, satin's too shiny
* Cartoon Character: cozmo from the fairly odd parents, or perhaps shinobu from love hina
* Fave Food: potatos, no pasta, ummm both peroges!
* Fave Advertisement: the one for Nike, i think, where everyone is jumping on this guys back as he walks down the street, while he's got the whole world in his hands plays
* Fave Drink: virgin strawberry daquiris, i've yet to try the real kind
* Breakfast Food: doughnuts
*Ice Cream: mint chocolate chip
*Fave sport: boxing
*Fave Flower: ummm, irises, but i like daisies too (daisies are the friendliest flower)
* Wearing: mae teeshirt, old gym shorts from like sixth grade, comfy comfy comfy
* Eating: rice crispies and quick
* Drinking: nada
* Thinking bout: work, people, tiredness, relationships, how much i want ice cream, books, movies, what i need to do tomorrow, and more
IN THE LAST 48 hours...
* Cried: in the car yesterday because i was so cramped and so cranky
* Worn jeans: sure have, my favorite pair was clean
* Met someone New online: not in a long long time
* Done laundry: yeah, a whole weeks worth from my trip
* Drove a car: not for a couple of years
* Talked on the phone: ummm, yeah, i called a hotline to look up a credit card....
* Kissed someone: sigh, can i not answer that?
* Said "I love you": to my mommy just now when she went to bed
* Picked a wedgie?: ummm, probably
DO YOU BELIEVE IN...
* Yourself: i'm making a sincere effort to do so
* Your friends: yes, at least as far as i know they can take it
* Santa Claus: my mom always said that santa claus was just a way of putting a face on the good christmas feeling so yeah, kind of
* Tooth Fairy: not since i lost my last tooth, although i thought i should get paid for my wisdom teeth, i should put in a letter of complaint
* Angels: not really, i don't think anyone needs an angel when they have them self
* Ghosts: also not really, i think memories can haunt you just as much as the idea of a ghost, so maybe what people see is a projection of their memories
* God: a god, yes, but not a defined one
* Love at first sight?: i feel like a special bond can be noticed right away, if not love, then, perhaps at least the possibility of love
FRIENDS AND LIFE...
* Do you ever wish you had another name?: umm, yeah, that's why i go by davina
* Do you like anyone?: like as in like like? *blushes* you betcha
* Who have you known the longest of your friends: my sarah friend, or maybe kyle. everyone else has kind of faded away
* Are you close to any family members?: my immediate family and i are very very close, especially my mom and my sister
* Who do you hang out with the most?: if i were at school i would say luke, but here, my family, because i'm too lazy to make friends here
FINISH THE SENTENCE
Let's walk in the: grass barefoot
Let's run through: streets like madmen
Let's look at the: fireflies before they burn out
What a nice: place
When will it: be my turn
Why can't you: understand me all the way through
Show me some: thing different from everyone else
The sky: is blue, yes,
Tell me: what makes you tick
Hide me: from all the things that scare me
Love me: forever, fight for me, lean on me, let me lean on you, dream about me, think about me, and be near me forever
WHICH IS BETTER...
* Coke or Pepsi: i personnally can't tell the difference
* Sprite or 7UP: sprite
* Girls or Guys: i like the boys, i like them a lot,
* Scruff or Clean shaved: clean shaven
* Blondes or Brunettes: brunettes
* Bitchy or Slutty: umm i think the two mostly go hand in hand, but i guess i'd take slutty
* Tall or Short: short!
* Pants or Shorts: pantalones
WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX...
* What do you notice first: face, and or hands
* Last person you slow danced with: hmmm, it's been too long
* Worst Question To Ask: what are you thinking about. when it's with the opposite sex that you're involved with, clearly unless you're having a conversation about something important you want the answer to be you, but unfortunately that's not always the case.
*Last time someone said they love you: minus family and vera, romantic love... i'd say early to mid may....
Posted at 11:01 pm by starburn
Saturday, July 24, 2004
oh the devil will find work for idle hands to do
so, tomorrow is my last day home before the big PA trip, i can't believe i'm actually going, i'm so excited. it really doesn't seem like i'm going to get to see my friends in a couple of days. it's weird, since i've been here for months without them, to be going to see them again, i hope it's not all weird like because of it. for them it might not be, because they all have other friends, but me, all i've got is them, and a handfull of people who stuck with me even though i'm a nomad. i hope things will be a lot like they were before, and also that i'll be able to carry some of the perspective i've gained through this summer with me. not just now either, but for the rest of the year.
i'm feeling super independent lately, and weirdly at the same time, i've been thinking about what i want in a significant other a lot too. i'm making a list in my head, and it's getting rather long, perhaps i'm a little picky? it's kind of fun though, it reminds me of when we were younger, on the bus we used to make lists of things like that. it's little things
like in high fidelity (sorry i use it for everything, but i've seen it a million zillion times and read the book, so it's floating around in there a lot) when rob says that he is thinking of making a mix tape for laura with songs that he thinks would make her happy, not songs he would want but ones she would
or that i would want someone who connected with me in the same way i'd want to connect with him
or that he would fight to keep me around,
and he'd want to tell me all about anything he could think of, and he'd sing to me, and play games with me, and teach me things, and compliment me, but not too much, and i'd feel like we liked each other the same amount, and he'd look to me for advice, and be there for me when i needed it, and like some of the same movies and books, and be there when i totally screw up my life and need some support getting it all back together and tons and tons of other things, in the past i've had a lot of these things, some from different people, but i'd like them all put together into one person, that would be nice.
anyway, i haven't packed yet, and i'm going to go chase fireflies with my sister
i'll be home in a week, oh that sounds so nice.
Posted at 10:31 pm by starburn
Monday, July 19, 2004
from a distance there is harmony
not a lot going on lately, less than a week till i fly off to pennsylvania, every day i'm more and more glad i decided to go.
i finnally got my room assignment with roommate names
i'll be sharing a room with Caitlin Kucharik, and my suite mates will be Sarah Lazarovici and Ashley Fedarko. now i just need to decide if i want to call them or write them or not. i'm a little scared.
other stuff, oh there was this little possum on my porch last night, and me and emmy were really impressed by it for some reason, and for the rest of the night we were saying, "i met a possum" every so often, i'm glad we were alone, anyone else might have gotten irritated to the point of throwing something hard at us.
also, i watched the little rascals, which reminded me of nicole, and hook, which is just a really fantastic movie, especially since i've read the book now.
that's a bout it, boring boring.
hopefully next entry will be really exciting
Posted at 02:23 pm by starburn
Wednesday, July 14, 2004
and i said i've got to be honest, i've been waiting for you all of my life
oh my lord, restless/productive day
first poem in so so very long
let me know what you think
Oh I wish I could wash
It’s getting dirty you see
If only I could soap and splash it
wipe the grime
Scrub its poor edges clean
It’s only natural for a soul
To get a little dirty
From time to time
It walks along
Takes in every thought
Everything filters through
It keeps all the worst and best
And everything in between
If only I could wash mine
I’d work on yours too
I’d help you, I would
And we’d be sqeaky clean together
Just me and you
Posted at 10:07 pm by starburn
Monday, July 12, 2004
smile in slow motion with eyes in love
ok, i'm officially jealous, i missed the best concert ever last night, rufus wainwright, opening for benfolds, and guster. i wish i was in boston last night
that is all
Posted at 11:39 am by starburn
Tuesday, July 06, 2004
buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?
everyone, meet jerry
yes that's right i've officially been working at the buy for a month, and that means that i've purchased the finest little peice of machinery known to man... the ipod.
anyway, good fourth of july considering
ihad fun with my family, got to see two sets of fireworks, and a freakshow that surpasses anything i've seen anywhere but in a circus.
i'm excited as always to go back home in two months. it's going to be amazing, i just know it. i've gotten a lot of perspective this summer, and i think a little more self confidence. now i just have to figure out financial aid stuff, and my worries will be much subsided
anyway, question for whoever wants to answer, what are your top five favorite songs of all time?
and i was thinking, after having read high fidelity, how many people i know really think that it's not what you're like but what you like. i think i know a lot of people like that, and i don't know for sure if that's an admirable quality or not.
anyhow, leave your favorites
Posted at 02:23 pm by starburn
Friday, July 02, 2004
i don't care if monday's blue tuesday's gray and wednesday too
Posted at 10:48 pm by starburn
Sunday, June 27, 2004
send me photographs and souvenirs
oh man, these past couple of days have done a number on me
i haven't slept properly in days
i'm worried about about a million things,
i've been working all the time
i'm wishing i didn't have responsibilities
i have to work for ten hours
i miss boston and nu more than i thought i could
i miss my friends, a ton
and now on top of it all, right around when i would have been going to pa to see my friends, i have to go to see my relatives in, you guessed it, pa, unfortunately it'll be a different part of the state, the pocanos, and only for a weekend, and during that weekend i'll be spending 20 hours in the car, and the rest of the time with people who only pretend to care about me, and really think i'm going to hell.
it's ironic that fun weekend turned into hell weekend. yuck.
ok, i need to pull myself together so i can look presentable for work.
Posted at 12:30 pm by starburn
Monday, June 21, 2004
we're drawing the line, says
ok, so today was kind of a weird day off
it all started at seven thirty, when i awoke to a loud freaking boom in what sounded like my hall, i seriously thought someone had fell down out there.
upon leaving my room and not seeing anyone lying with a concussionon my floor, i went out into the living room, where my similarily woken sister and dad were sitting grumbling about the intermittent booms that were coming from our ceiling (come to find out, our landlord is having our house reroofed)
so we went to charlotte, a two hour drive, made three hours by the driving rain.
we almost died, when we hydroplaned for like 200 yards or something like that, but i slept through that
to ease my dad's nerves we stopped at a denny's and looked at little kids drawings that seemed more than mildly disturbing, due to lack of sleep and the weirdness of the drawings, (there was one that looked like a lolypop, only the top was a head, and heres the most confusing part, it had both a bow and a mustache... a weird transvestite lollypop)
then we spent the entire day at a science museum with tons of kids milling around, which was wierd, and then to an imax movie about race cars that i fell asleep through.
that's basically it, but i'm still tired out, so i'll write more later... night night
Posted at 09:31 pm by starburn